Did You Know SantaCon Is Coming to Princeton?
I have always heard about Santa bar crawls, but I never knew this "Con" was happening in Mercer County.
Of course, we've all seen some of the crazy pictures from the New York version of this holiday tradition (usually they seemed to involve horrifingly drunk Santas riding on the subway).
To be clear: SatnaCon does not condone bad behavior (don't drink and drive, etc.). In fact, if you're looking to get lit up like a Christmas tree then maybe this SantaCon isn't for you.
But if you're in the mood to get dressed like good ol' Saint Nick and drink some spirits then you need to be a part of the 5th Annual Princeton SantaCon.
It's happening Saturday, December 8th from 4:30pm to 8pm.
It sounds like a night of fun, but there are some rules for SantaCon 2018 to make sure you don't end up on the naughty list. Here are more guidelines and info to know from the official SantaCon site:
- It's free to all who are 21 years or older
- You must RSVP here to attend because the venues need a headcount in advance on how many visitors from the North Pole they will be expecting.
- Just wearing a Santa hat won't cut it. If you're attending, you need to be all in...a Santa suit. All are welcomed to dress like Santa, Mrs. Claus, reindeer, elves, have a Christmas tree theme or follow the main theme, which is red. Thanks to Amazon Prime you could still get a suit in PLENTY of time.
- You may notice everyone calling each other Santa because you'll learn everyone is Santa
- Here's the schedule according to their Facebook invite:
4:30pm Triumph Brewing ($5 pints for dressed Santas)
5:45pm Group Photo Stop: Palmer Square Christmas Tree
6:00pm Alchemist & Barrister
7:00pm Yankee Doodle Tap Room
- Be a safe Santa; don't get drunk and do not drink and drive. There will be no bad Santas at this SantaCon.
- Have fun and a Merry Christmas!
You can read the all of the guidelines here. They are there to make sure every Santa has fun and doesn't ruin the night and the event for all the other Santas.