
15-year-old charged after NJ teen found shot in crashed SUV
🚨A 15-year-old is charged after a 19-year-old was found shot inside a crashed SUV
🚨Investigators say the victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head
🚨The victim's family has launched a GoFundMe to help pay for funeral expenses
MULLICA — A 15-year-old was charged with manslaughter after a driver was found dead at a crash scene Friday night.
Authorities said Javon Stalworth, 19, of Mullica, had been shot in the head. He was in his car on Route 30 near Snow Hill Road, according to Atlantic County Prosecutor William Reynolds.
Witnesses told police that two other people in the vehicle ran away. They were both arrested a short time later.
Video from over the crash scene shows a Mazda SUV with damage to the hood. Reynolds did not disclose what led to the shooting or the relationship between the 15-year-old and Stalworth.
ALSO READ: Mushroom edibles sicken 13 kids at NJ summer camp
Juvenile charged with aggravated manslaughter
After all were questioned, the 15-year-old was charged with aggravated manslaughter, unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose, possession of a firearm without a serial number, and possession of a firearm by a minor. He was held at the Harbor Fields Juvenile Detention Center.
A GoFundMe campaign was created by Javon's father to help with funeral costs.
"He was a loving son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend. Anyone who knew Junior knew his smile, his kind heart, and the respect and love he showed to everyone around him," Javon Stalworth wrote. "Every contribution will go directly toward honoring Junior's memory and helping us give him the farewell he deserves.
Report a correction 👈 | 👉 Contact our newsroom
Significant or historical events in New Jersey for August (in chronological order)
Gallery Credit: Dan Alexander



