WATCH: Brie Larson Makes a Surprise Appearance at a NJ Movie Theater
According to CNN, Disney's Marvel Studios' "Captain Marvel" had a huge weekend at the box office, earning $455 million globally and $153 million in North America. EW.com reports that those totals make the film...
- The Biggest Opening Weekend of 2019;
- The first film of 2019 to open with over $100 million at the box office;
- The fifth highest international opening weekend of all-time;
- The second biggest opening weekend for a super-hero movie;
- And maybe most impressively, "the most successful launch for a female-led film ever."
The star of the film, Brie Larson, celebrated opening weekend by making a surprise visit at a theater showing the movie. According to NorthJersey.com, that theater was right here in New Jersey at the AMC Clifton Commons 16 in Passaic County.
Check out this post on the official Captain Marvel Twitter account: