3 Employees at Manco & Manco’s in Ocean City Test Positive for COVID-19
One of Ocean City, NJ's most popular pizza shops just reported that 3 of its employees have tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus.
According to a post of Facebook, Manco & Manco's says that the positive test results occurred within the past week and that all 3 employees are asymptomatic.
Manco & Manco's has 3 locations on the Ocean City boardwalk --- 8th Street & Boardwalk, 9th Street & Boardwalk, and 12th Street & Boardwalk.
Manco & Manco also says that they have been in contact with the Cape May County Board of Health and although current regulations do not require Manco & Manco's shops to close, the restaurants have decided to voluntarily close today so that each location can be professionally sanitized.
According to the Facebook post, when Manco & Manco's 3 boardwalk locations re-open on Wednesday, the following safety procedures will continue to be enforced:
- Employees must wear masks at all times.
- Employees will have their temperatures taken on a daily basis. And anyone whose temperature is above 100.4 Fahrenheit will need to self-quarantine for 14 days or test negative for the coronavirus.
In addition, the following measures will be taken:
- Manco & Manco will temporarily not offer slices. Instead, only whole pies will be sold.
- Safety seals will be used on all pizza boxes.
- UV C light technology will be used on high-touch areas.
The Manco family says that safety is paramount - for both its staff and loyal customers.
To read Manco & Manco's entire statement on Facebook, click here.