How to Help Lawrence Family After Devastating House Fire
On Saturday afternoon around 4:30 pm, there was a horrible house fire on Trumbull Avenue in Lawrence (the street right across from Burger King).
Some people in the area say their houses shook, from what may have been a gas explosion. Within minutes, their entire house was engulfed in flames.
Thankfully, the homeowners, Halina & Jan Jarema, were able to escape the flames, with just seconds to spare.
The entire community is heartbroken for this family, including my family (we live in Lawrence). They were just finishing up a complete remodel of the home, and now it's gone. Nothing left.
Can you imagine? I can't.
Yes, it's true, things can be replaced, but, photos, memories, and precious family heirlooms cannot. Obviously, it is awful to lose your home at any time of the year, but, so near the holidays makes it that much more difficult.
Plus, one of the homeowners, is still in the hospital, suffering from 2nd-degree burns to his face, bac, and arms.
Many people have asked me how to help this family. There is a GoFundMe set up for them. Click here to donate.
If you're able to help, please do. 'Tis the season of giving.