Tips To Keep Your Dog Safe On St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick's Day is one of the biggest party days of the year, but while you're having fun, don't forget to keep your furry best friend safe.
Here are a few tips from the Center for Pet Safety:
- Alcohol can be toxic to dogs, so it's best to keep the green beer (and any other alcoholic beverage) away from your pup.
- Much like fireworks, the loud noises at a St. Patrick's Day parade can be stressful to dogs. Also, some dogs can get anxious when they're in a crowd. If your dog is one of them, leave him at home.
- St. Patrick's Day and shamrocks go together, but like poinsettias at Christmas, shamrocks are poisonous to dogs. If your dog does consume shamrocks, contact your vet or call the ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Hotline at (888) 426-4435.
For more safety tips, click here. And now, without further adieu, here are dogs dressed up for St. Paddy's Day.