Michigan Ticket Wins $1 Billion Mega Millions Prize, NJ Ticket Wins $1 Million
One lottery ticket, sold in a Detroit suburb claimed last night's $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot. In New Jersey, one ticket won a $1 million prize, and 10 tickets others claimed a $10,000 prize.
The winning numbers for Friday night's drawing were 4, 26, 42, 50, and 60, with a Mega Ball of 24.
Meanwhile, in New Jersey, a second-tier prize-winning ticket was sold in Brick, Ocean County. That ticket, which matched five white balls, won $1 million dollars. It was sold at the 7-Eleven store on Route 88 in Brick Township, NJ.
The billion dollar-winning ticket claims the third-largest lottery prize in U.S. history. It was sold at a Kroger store in the Detroit suburb of Novi.
A winner who chooses the lump sum option would get $557 million after taxes.
The win comes just two days after a ticket sold in Maryland won the $731.1 million Powerball jackpot.
Meanwhile, in New Jersey, ten third-tier prizewinning tickets were sold. They matched four of the five white balls and the gold ball to win $10,000.
In our area, those $10,000 winning tickets were sold at:
- Burlington County: Wawa #8423, 76 Springside Rd., Westampton
- Mercer County: 7-Eleven #27391, 1517 Pennington Ave., Ewing
- Mercer County: Pennington Luk Oil LLC, 2558 Pennington Rd., Pennington
- Middlesex County: Park Deli, 80 Raritan Ave., Highland Park
- Monmouth County: Little Silver Family Pharmacy, 10 Church St., Little Silver
The Mega Millions jackpot resets to $20 million for the next drawing on Tuesday, January 26, at 11:00 pm.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.