Authentic Mexican Food Restaurants In Mercer County
According to History.com, Cinco de Mayo is a "relatively minor holiday in Mexico." Many people believe the date represents Mexican Independence Day, but that holiday is celebrated on September 16th. Cinco de Mayo actually celebrates Mexico's victory over France in the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. History.com notes that the Mexico declared their independence "more than 50 years before the Battle of Puebla."
Much like the way we celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo has become a "party day" for many Americans. Many Tex Mex restaurants throw huge parties, which are fun, but this year, you may want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at a more authentic Mexican restaurant. Here is a list of a few of them that are located in Mercer County:
- Mexican Mariachi Grill on Parkway Ave. in Ewing.
- Tortuga's Mexican Village on Leigh Ave. in Princeton
- El Gallo Tropical Grill on E. Park Ave. in Hamilton
- Chencha Y Chole on S. Broad St. in Trenton
- Taqueria El Mariachi on S. Olden Ave. in Trenton
- El Jalapeno Mexican Restaurant on Quakerbridde Rd. in Hamilton.
I'll continue adding restaurants to this list based on recommendations I get on my Facebook page.