Does New Jersey Really Think this is the Worst Christmas Song of All Time?
Esquire is doing a lot of "bah-hum-blogging" with their list of the 'Top 10 Worst Christmas Songs Ever Recorded.'
I'm warning you now, the inclusion of a few songs on this list is criminal.
It's important to repeat that this is Esquire's list.
First, let's look at the top nine before we break down the supposed worst Christmas song of all time.
- Lady Gaga, "Christmas Tree" (not horrible, but there are far worse)
- The Jackson 5, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (timeless and should not be on this list)
- Pussycat Dolls, "Santa Baby" (no arguments here)
- Justin Bieber, "Mistletoe" (see #4)
- Band-Aid, "Do They Know It's Christmas" (by now we know this list is complete BS, so I'll just keep shaking my head)
- The Killers, "Don't Shoot Me Santa" (eh)
- Tiny Tim, "Santa Claus Has Got the AIDS" (yeah! - they got one correct!)
- She & Him, "Baby It's Cold Outside" (never heard this version)
- Bruce Springsteen, "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (ok, Esquire...why don't you stick to "fashion" and leave the music to people who have a clue. Good luck explaining this choice to New Jersey.)
The number one spot on Esquire's rundown went to:
Paul McCartney & Wings, "Wonderful Christmas Time" (are you freakin' kidding me? This is the WORST Christmas song ever recorded? You do realize you're talking about a Beatle here, right? Shame on you Esquire)
This is my selection for the worst Christmas song ever recorded.
I love dogs, but this one just gets to me. I'm not huge on novelty Christmas songs. Oh, there's one more tune that I think is missing from the top 10. "Christmas Shoes." If I never hear that song again I will be a happy man.