A.C. Moore, Popular Jersey-Based Craft Retailer, To Close All Stores
A.C. Moore will be closing all of their stores soon, according to an announcement made by the company late Monday.
Nicole Crafts, the operators of A.C. Moore, announced their plans to “exit retail operations,” as part of that strategy they’re planning to “close all A.C. Moore stores.” The company opened its first store in Moorestown back in 1985.
“Unfortunately, given the headwinds facing many retailers in today's environment, it made it very difficult for us to operate and compete on a national level,” the company’s CEO, Anthony Piperno said in a statement on Monday.
A.C. Moore, which is headquartered in Berlin, currently operates 145 stores across the East Coast.
Up to 40 of those stores will be transferred to the nation’s largest craft retailer, The Michaels Companies, sometime in 2020, according to today's press release. The list of stores that will be transferred to Michael’s was not immediately announced. The Michaels Company currently operates more than 1,250 Michaels stores across the country.
As for the exact closing dates of existing A.C. Moore stores, that information was not made clear just yet. A.C. Moore says they will share more details (like the dates) of store closures on their website in the "upcoming weeks." However, the company's website will stop accepting online orders as of today.
Locally AC Moore operates several stores in our area including:
- Hamilton Plaza on Route 33 in Hamilton (Mercer County)
- Westmont Plaza on W. Cuthbert Blvd in Haddon Township (Camden County)
- Columbus Crossing Shopping Center on S. Columbus Blvd. in Philadelphia
- Center City on Broad Street in Philadelphia
- North East Shopping Center on Roosevelt Blvd in Philadelphia
- Valley Forge Marketplace on S. Trooper Road in Norristown (Montgomery County)
- Willow Grove Shopping Center on Park Ave in Willow Grove (Montgomery County)
- Bensalem Center on Street Road in Bensalem (Bucks County)
- Towne Center on West Street Road in Warminster (Bucks County)
- Lincoln Plaza on Old Lincoln Highway in Langhorne (Bucks County)