Does Mercer County Have The Best Food In NJ?
Out of each county in New Jersey, Mercer County was ranked the ninth county with the best food in the state.
I'm someone who is proud to be from Jersey, and I have to say my home state is rich in history and great places to eat. I was happy to see that Mercer County made the the top 10 with the best places to eat according to NJ.com. The towns within the county that got shoutouts for the best places to eat are Hamilton, I, Hightstown, Hopewell, Princeton.
Some food hotspots include:
- De Lorenzo's Tomato Pies in Robbinsville, Conte's Pizza and Nomad Pizza in Princeton for pizza
- Little King Sandwich Shop in Hamilton and Hoagie Haven in Princeton for hoagies
- The Bent Spoon in Princeton for ice cream
- Italian Peoples' Bakery in Trenton
- Guaterico Deli in Trenton for Guatemalan food
- The Hambone Opera, in the Trenton Farmer's Market in Lawrenceville, for BBQ
I also need to mention that Trenton was the birthplace of pork roll/Taylor ham.
If you're interested in visiting Princeton for a food tour, here is a list I put together of where to go: Where to go to in Princeton if you want to eat like a local
To see how the Garden State's other counties ranked go here