Uber’s New Rewards Program Is Now In Philadelphia
Uber Rewards is now officially here for Uber users, but they have only launched the rewards program in select cities. They didn't note exactly when, but they do promise to open it up to all of the United States in the coming months. According to Uber.com, they are only launching this in nine cities and Philadelphia was one of the major cities chosen along with: Miami, Denver, Tampa, New York, Washington, DC, Atlanta and San Diego.
I'm also not sure if it was a typo, but in the cities listed on the site it included "New Jersey." Yet it didn't list a city. Did they want to include Jersey City or Trenton? It's a mystery for now, or a clue that it's coming to NJ sooner than later.
The rewards program is free to join and they have four different tiers or "membership levels": Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. The way it works is you earn one point for every "eligible dollar" spent using Uber. Here's how you can earn points:
- You earn one point for every "eligible dollar" spent on UberPool and Uber Eats orders;
- Two points are earned from every "eligible dollar" from UberX, UberXL, Select, and WAV;
- Three points are earned for every "eligible dollar" from using Black and Black SUV.
You can move up a tier once you've earned enough points.
- With 500 points, you’ll go from Blue to Gold.
- 2,500 points gets you to Platinum
- 7,500 points, unlocks the highest level of Diamond.
The more points you earn the quicker you can acquire Uber Cash which can be spent on both rides and Uber Eats. The higher the tier you have the better the perks like: flexible cancellations, price protection, priority support, priority pickups, and complimentary surprise upgrades from UberX just to name a few.
If you're really excited but unfortunately Uber Reawrds isn't in your city yet, don't worry. You can join the waitlist here
See the full explanation of Uber Rewards and the reward benefits here