BREAKING: Bucks County Home Destroyed Following Explosion, Likely Caused By Propane Tank
A Buckingham Township home in Bucks County (near Doylestown) was reduced to rubble when it exploded just before 10 am on Tuesday (January 14).
Officials tell 6 ABC that the explosion at the Buckingham Township home may have been the result of a propane leak. Their investigation is ongoing at this time, however.
Neighbors told NBC10 that the home's propane tank was filled this morning around 8 a.m., less than two hours before the explosion on the 4300 block of Biddeford Circle.
The two-story single-family home was completely leveled, NBC10 reported.The blast was felt several miles away in the area.
Thankfully, however, local police say that nobody was home at the time of the explosion. No injuries have been reported in the frightening incident.
Investigators from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives were sent to the scene to lend their expertise, but sources tell NBC 10 that the investigation is not "criminal in nature" at this time.