Princeton Farmers Market Opening Today in New Location
Good news. The Princeton Farmers Market is opening for the season today (Thursday, May 28th), according to Facebook. I'm a big fan of strolling around farmers markets. You can smell the freshness. Lol.
It's in a new spot this year, but, don't worry, the same great vendors that you've gotten all your fresh stuff from in the past will still be there, like Chickadee Creek Farm, Picklelicious, Lost Bread Co., Davidson's Exotic Mushrooms, and more.
The new location is at 46-80 Franklin Avenue, between Witherspoon Street and Jefferson Road. Its operating hours will be from 10am to 2pm.
They've put some policies in place to keep you & your family safe:
1. You're required to wear a face covering while shopping (remember, it should be covering your mouth and your nose).
2. They're asking you to limit your time shopping at the market to 30 minutes or less, and only arrive with 1-2 shoppers per family.
3. They ask if you're not feeling well, to not come to the market.
4. Please be aware of your surroundings and stay 6 feet away from other shoppers at all times and follow all of their posted signs and floor markings for proper social distancing.
5. They ask that you don't handle the produce or other products. Please let the vendor do that.
For other policies, click here.
Something new the market is suggesting this year is pre-shopping. You can shop from home online, before you go to the market to pick up your stuff. That's very convenient. Check out how to pre-order your goodies here. Each vendor has their own way of doing it.
It's nice to see the market opening again, a sign of a little normalcy.